I’m happy to report that Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth. Hubby Pete, my mother Betty, and I, really did have two of the most fun days I’ve had in years. We spent over 12 hours in the park both days! Oh, we paid for it later, believe me. My poor mother had a blister on the entire underside of her pinky toe, but I never heard her complain once.
She insisted on the classic ears, albeit without the beanie. I was really surprised how many different kind of Micky and Minnie ears there are these days. Light up ears? Really? I’m surprised the change bothers me a little bit…
I think the jungle ride is my fourth favorite ride at Disney.
Disney piranha, oh my god, only Disney could make piranha somehow cute.
I’ve never ridden the teacups, I’m sure I’d like them, and they’re classics (hence the posed photo), but I don’t rate it high enough to stand in line. You can ride tilt-a-whirl at any amusement park. My list of favorites (really, in no particular order):
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Even though they’ve changed it (and Johnny Depp is in it a little too much), it’s still the iconic Disney ride.
- The Haunted Mansion-Better at Christmas, but still pure Disney fun.
- California Screamin’ – Modern, and not truly “Disney” in my book, but the best roller coaster in my experience.
- Tower of Terror-Just pure fun.
- Star Tours-Not classic Disney, but (even more with the updates) the best experience in the park, and classic in it’s way.
- Space Mountain-Duh.
Yay Pluto! Unfortunately, he was the only character we got near 😦
By Disney, for now. My son lives in LA with his girlfriend (hi Jeanette!), we’ll be back to Disneyland. Hopefully some day we can see how much fun we have in Hawaii! Mom won’t wear a bathing suit and doesn’t like heat. Well, I’m pretty sure she’d try snorkeling for me…